So how did your New Year begin…really? Making those New Years resolutions….you sit down with your journal or your computer and wait for the inspirations to flow out…..but instead all you see is a blank page or screen. Then perhaps you wonder what is the big deal with writing those silly things any way. Do you really need to write a resolution? How can you prepare yourself for such a daunting task? What really is the best way to start the new year?
Ask yourself first what would be the best or most meaningful way to start the new year for you?
Now we are getting some where. For me, I’ve typically ignored those New Year’s Resolutions until I experienced two profound events. Those events really changed how I view resolutions and how I interact with them. Would you like to know?
First, on New Years Day, selecting a meaningful event that included movement (yoga poses) and reflection made the day feel more like a special tradition or ritual. Going through an experience like that has the capacity to allow you to really get in touch with reflecting on where are you in your life and where you’d like to be.
Here’s how you can do this for yourself….
1. Attend a class or create your own grouping of movements.
2. Journal about the events that occurred and people you were positively impacted by this past year that were meaningful for you
3. Journal about the events that occurred that provided challenges or growth for you this past year.
4. Now review those two items and see if there is a common theme that you would like to focus on for this year.
5. Select a theme for the year and let that be your “resolution”. Now, everything that occurs will be a result of your theme.
So, to help you on your journey for motivation to start your new year in the best way, I’ve started what I call “Activations“.
Activations are motivations accompanied with an action (movement) that cements the motivation in place and grounds you for the day. Grab the rss feed above or sign in for your gift of Activations.
Here’s an example –
Tocreating your wonderful new year;Dr Wendy Guess, The Life Choreographer www.DancingAwayStress.com